Re: [Debconf-team] Call for help with DebConf12 decision (was Reminder: DebConf12 decision meeting, Tuesday 22 March)

Hi Jeremiah,

Jeremiah Foster dijo [Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 10:59:36AM +0100]:
> > As an additional point, the recently delegated DebConf chairs are
> > looking for one or two people from outside those currently most
> > involved in DebConf organisation to help out if we can't get a
> > DebConf12 venue decision by consensus.  (We prefer consensus, but if
> > there's a need to break a tie, we'd like some advice from people with
> > more of an 'attendee' viewpoint.)
> > (...)
>
> I would be willing to help here. I attended DebConf10 and had a
> great time, I have already booked DebConf11 on my calendar and hope
> to attend DebConf12 as well. I'm willing to help with DebConf11
> organizing, but I cannot commit to a heavy workload though I imagine
> my work with the Debian Publicity team might overlap nicely. :-)
>
> In any case, if you don't have two volunteers yet, I am happy to be one.

Thank you very much for this! As Moray said, we want to have the
viewpoint of a non-core-DebConf but Debian-active person, and you
perfectly fill the bill :-)

So, we will be having the meeting today, in ~3hr. The committee for
taking this decision consists of:

- Moray Allan (DebConf chair)
- Holger Levsen (DebConf chair)
- Marga Manterola (DebConf orga team)