Re: [Debconf-team] Reminder: DebConf12 decision meeting, Tuesday 22 March

Hi,

Moray, thanks for following up on this topic and reminding us!

On Sonntag, 20. März 2011, Moray Allan wrote:
> Agenda:
>
> *  Introductions/questions
> * Bid teams describe how their bid meets each of the points on the
> priority list (http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/PriorityList)
> * Bid teams describe weak points in their own bids
> * Bid teams describe strong points in other bids
> * Priority list run-through, comparing bids (but this year without
> allocating points)

I'm (very much) fine with this. (Though I notice there is no explicit
topic "global team / interested people ask the bids questions" - I think
there should be one, even if short, and even if the time for asking question
has been the last three month. But maybe a short topic? Or maybe not.

> * Decision

And here I disagree. Let me explain: I think we should find a decision on the
22nd, but I also think we don't have to, if things are not clear enough yet.
I (still) think the dc11 decision was too rushed (but never had time to write
down why, Gregor tried it a bit, iirc).

So I would rather propose to make this clear in the agenda, that we will try
to come to a decision, but maybe we will defer that for 1-3 weeks.

Thinking about this, I also notice now, that the agenda has no "timeline",
while usually we aim for having a meeting in an hour. I dont think one hour
is realistic for this meeting, but I dont want to decide in 5min at the end
of a three hour meeting neither.

So lets try this:

*  Introductions/questions

10min

* Bid teams describe how their bid meets each of the points on the
priority list (http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/PriorityList)

30min, 15 each

* Bid teams describe weak points in their own bids

15 min, 7 each.

* Bid teams describe strong points in other bids

15 min, 7 each.

5min break for all

* Priority list run-through, comparing bids (but this year without
allocating points)

45min

* Decision

15min

Note: if we dont reach consensus in 2h meeting time, we will stop the meeting
and decide when we will continue it. That meeting will have again a 2h limit
and should a.) be held in the next 4 weeks and b.) come to a decision.

What do you think?

cheers,
	Holger