Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf12 decision meeting

On 12406 March 1977, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> But the most important part is that we decided that the next meeting in
> which we should get a decision which of the 2 bids is going to host
> DebConf 12 will be on

>     22nd March 2011, starting at 20:00 UTC

> in #debconf-team on irc.debian.org (OFTC).[1]

I realized later that I will be at the FTPMaster meeting there. But
still, I should be able to make it. The venue has good net connection,
and its early in the meetings week, ...

Now, we do need people from global team to run this. I admit I havent
followed DebConf business much in the last weeks, so I'm out of date if
there is already something planned for this meeting. Still, I told
(after the meeting today) the bid people what I *guess* will happen:
Similar to last years, #debconf-team is locked down, with two of each
bid speaking, two or three global team members, and the rest speaks in a
discussion channels. Questions get piped from the third global team
member. And we work through the agenda.

Obviously I might be wrong, but we do have 3 weeks to work out exactly
how we want the meeting to go on. No matter what exactly the agenda is
(I *assume* similar to previous years?), we do need a modus operandi,
and I do volunteer to be one of the global team members to run it.
Whoever else? (Also, if there are people who want it badly and dont want
me, jump up and take it, then im out :) )

Also, as i said in my original mail: If this date doesnt work for other
global team members, it CAN be moved. My own schedule will make it
IMPOSSIBLE for me to join any meeting in April, and the .br people asked
to not have it on the 15th (due to carneval they cant deal with the
hotels until then), so in case its moved into April my above volunteer
no longer is valid. :)

--
bye, Joerg
<Christian> bignachos: the famous pornview maintainer?