Re: [Debconf-team] "Talks Selection Retreat Day" - Tues, May 4th, tentative

[ please respect Followup-To: debconf-team@lists.debconf.org -- everyone
interested in talks should be subscribed on that list already, and talks
selection is not local business ]

On 04/30/2010 03:03 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Ok folks, its time for the big "Talks Selection Day"  According to the
> doodle poll, its looking like the evening of Tuesday, May 4th is the
> big day.  I suggest starting at 5pm so we don't have to go super late.

Hrm, these notes here suggest that the retreat happens *after* the
global feedback:

http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2010/debconf-team.2010-03-31-20.00.html

But the doodle poll suggests that the order is the other way around.

I don't mind meeting in person on May 4th to talk about the submissions
and figure out workflow (in fact, i think we need to do a quite a bit of
work to figure that out), but i'm a bit concerned that we make it clear
this isn't the "retreat" that the poll claims it to be.

I'm also concerned that the 4th is so close to the submission deadline,
and there has been such publicly acknowledged "squishiness" of the
deadline, that we run the risk of missing out on discussing some
not-insignificant fraction of submissions by being so early with it.

what do other folks think?

	--dkg