[Debconf-team] Enterprise track comments

Hi.  I was asked to look into coordinating an enterprise track.
Here's what I've done so far.

I've looked over the existing talk proposals.  Here are comments.

* I proposed a BOF on enterprise infrastructure that is in this space

* Debian gnu/linux as seen from within the corporate firewall
Probably in scope, need an abstract or description to evaluate

* Managing Debian Installations

Managing the installations of systems and getting consistent
installation to produce cookie-cutter machines is critical to the
enterprise.  Assuming that this talk doesn't significantly repeat
content from previous debconfs it seems like it might be good for an
enterprise track.

* Monkeysphere

This is definitely not an enterprise track talk: PGP doesn't really have
much traction in the enterprise.  However,it overlaps with a number of
people who might like to attend enterprise talks.  Also, you can think
of it as an opposing viewpoint for things like PKI, Kerberos, etc.  So,
an interesting scheduling concern.

So, right now, we don't have much.
I've then done the following to see if we can attrack talks:

* Posted to my blog; I've gotten one response that I think is quite
  interesting.  Forwarded along with my comments to talks@

* Sent mail to Russ Allberry asking if he could talk about things he's
  working on or Stanford's experience with Debian enterprise
  infrastructure

* Sent mail to the Samba folks with some suggestions for talks.

* Sent mail to MIT's Debathena project asking if there are  things they
  want to talk about.

It would be nice if we could get a talk on PKI/smartcard integration for
Debian enterprise usage.  I don't have a good contact for that.

* I'm working on a federated authentication project for my day job; it's
very much looking like free software and Debian in particular may be an
important part of reaching deployment  and a free software methodology
is going to be critical to making the project work at all.  Unlike
OpenID, Oauth and some of the other consumer-focused federation
technologies, we're fairly enterprise-centric.  I could give a talk on
this, focusing both on the technology and the role of Debian/free
software.

It would also be nice if we could get some feedback from customers on
what works well integrating Debian into an enterprise and what the gaps
are.  I know that several members of the Debconf team do this sort of
thing as a day job; any interest in stepping forward?

That's where I am now.

--Sam