[Debconf-team] Refocusing, but read on

(If you're reading this with your admin@ hat on, please skip down to the
Aliases and Access paragraphs.)

Hi,

First and foremost, I want to say thanks to every organizer and participant who
made DebConf10 great. Now I need to start refocusing on law school, which will
take a huge majority of my time and energy over the next year and beyond. This
email will summarize what DebConf stuff I will and won't be paying attention to
during that time, starting shortly after sending this email, and how to reach
me if you want me.

* IRC: I'm about to leave #debconf-team and #debconf-nyc, but I'll still be in
  #debconf and #debian-nyc. I'm not currently planning to leave any of the
  other Debian, SPI, or OFTC channels I'm in. I remain open to being contacted
  via /msg or in a channel for any purpose, whether social, DebConf-related, or
  other.

* Email: I'll continue to put all @debconf.org and @lists.debconf.org mail into
  a separate folder that I can refer to as needed, as requested, or as
  convenient.I'll also send a copy of debconf-announce, debconf-discuss, and
  debconf10-localteam to my inbox, and once I have been removed from aliases
  like registration@ (about which see below), I'll send a copy of
  jimmy@debconf.org there too. At least for now I'll still read my other email
  addresses as usual.

* Aliases: Please remove me from the following aliases and private mailing
  lists: pentabarf@penta.debconf.org, registration@debconf.org,
  talks@debconf.org, committee@debconf.org,
  debconf-sponsors-team@lists.debconf.org. I think I'm not on any others, but
  let me know if I am. All of these represent things I may contribute to
  later, but I won't have time this schoolyear. Relatedly, please make sure
  that no other copies of sponsors@debconf.org mail find their way to me;
  I've frequently gotten as many as 3 of each (!).

* Access: I'm happy to retain access to RT, our various private VCS
  repositories, krusty, cletus, and/or skinner to help with things in the
  unlikely event that I have time to do so and the more involved people can't
  be reached. If you would prefer to reduce the number of people with access,
  feel free to reduce my access as you feel appropriate until I have more
  time to participate in DebConf orga again.

* Phone: No change; still available via voice, SMS, MMS, mobile internets, etc.

* Social: I still hope to come to some Debian-NYC stuff, both small-group
  things organized via IRC and large-group things organized via the debiannyc
  list. This will totally depend on availability of course.

* Final report: Whoever ends up organizing this should still feel free to turn
  to me to write a section or two if they feel it would be desirable. Just let
  me know what I should write about (assuming it's something I was involved
  in), and let me know some deadline at least 3-4 weeks after you make the
  request to me. Preferably email me at my kaplowitz.org or debian.org address
  so that I see your message in a timely fashion. If the team wants to do the
  final report independently of me that's fine too, but I'm willing to help if
  useful.

Thanks for all the fish, I hope I added some useful seafood to the stew, and I
hope to see you and/or help out at future DebConfs!

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org