Re: [Debconf-team] Tonight's WELCOME event. Please please read if you are in the event

http://penta.debconf.org/dc10_schedule/events/644.en.html ---> Time and
Place

Breakdown:

1.Brief Welcome (biella)

2.DPL-- Welcome to Debian Developers  (Zack)
3.HACK LAB (biella)
	a. Cleaning
	b. Hours
	c. Dean's office

4.Networking (micah)

5.Introduce Coney Island (biella)

6.Day Trip (Clint) (He will show 20 awesome quick slides!)

7.TALK and Event HIGHLIGHTS
	a.Eben (biella)
	b.Tracks (dkg)
	c.Room (Hydroxide/Jimmy)

8. FUN STUFF
	a.(Sita Sings the Blues (short clip--) (biella)
	b. Planetarium (micah)
	c. Wine and Cheese (micah)

9. Housing (Simon)

10. Food (Jeremy)

11. Video (edrz)

12. RC Bug Squashing (zack)

13.  Thanking Sponsors (Pablo)

14. Volunteers/HALP! (biella)

15. Thank the heck out of Mr Beige and Daisy (biella)

16. END WITH VIDEO that will make us feel awesome(Marga)

On 08/01/2010 12:03 PM, Gabriella Coleman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So tonight we are having a welcome event that provides information for
> the conference attendees starting at 7:30 sharp. It mixes logistical
> information with talk/event highlights, thanking folks, and then
> finishing with an awesome video that Marga has put together.
>
> We are doing this to have a moment of unity, to provide some important
> logistical information, to thanks folks, to give a sense of who the
> local volunteers are, and especially to get people incredibly STOKED for
> what will be an awesome week.
>
> I am in charge of MCing, some sections, and the slides. You don't need
> to worry about the slides. But if you do want a slide, you have to send
> it to me by 3 PM today.
>
> What I need for you is to be prepared to talk for no more than 2.5
> minutes for your section. In some instances you might even need less
> (and perhaps a tad more, like 30 seconds more). Think about what you
> will say so that it goes smoothly. The point is not to give massive
> details but to give enough information to inspire or guide people and
> let folks know that you are the person to go to for that particular
> theme or issue.
>
> I will have a head microphone and then everyone else can step up and use
> the handheld mic to make their announcement. Be mindful of the schedule
> so you are ready to talk at that point.
>
> I am sending this to folks and in the interest of transparency/advice
> sending it to the debconf-team as well.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions and *thanks* for helping in this
> event.
>
> Biella

Gabriella Coleman, Assistant Professor
Department of Media, Culture, & Communication
New York University
239 Greene St, 7th floor
NY NY 10003
212-992-7696