[Debconf-team] temperature in Carleton Lounge

I had a couple frustrating calls with Columbia facility about trying to
make the temperature more reasonable.

It's currently about 65°F, and it would be more reasonable to have it
targeted around 73°F or 74°F (sorry to the people who use reasonable
units -- it's better to communicate with folks around here in °F).

My second call was a bit more fruitful than the first, in that i spoke
with someone named Javier who said he'd created a ticket in the Columbia
University facilities system.  But he couldn't tell me the ticket number
unless i had a University ID (a "Uni").  He offered to assign the ticket
to anyone who did have a Uni, and was willing to send it to Richard Darst.

So Richard, if you get the ticket ID for that, it might be useful for
following up.

I spoke with two other facilities workers who happened to pass by, and
they each said that they couldn't do anything about it, and that it
would take a long time to get a response.

Apparently, the room's temperature is administered centrally by the
"control shop", but we don't have direct access to them.

Anyway, if you're in Carleton, and anyone from facilities comes by to
check out the room, please tell them we want the temperature to be
targeted at 74°F, and report back to the list with the situation.

thanks,

	--dkg

PS we should be aware that on previous visits, there was no cooling at
all, and it was an oven.  We do *not* want to tell them to turn off the
cooling in Carelton Lounge.