Re: [Debconf-team] Looking for bilingual speakers to join press team.

2010/7/26 Velimir Iveljic <velimir.lists@foolcontrol.org>:
> On 07/24/2010 01:18 AM, Adnan Hodzic wrote:
>>> Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian (I'd love for a couple folks from the DC11
>>> localteam to join the press team)
>>>
>> I'm in, but then again we have Enis who's a "professional" journalist :)
>>

>> Adnan
>>

> I'm in too :)

Thanks to everyone who has volunteered.. I've started a DebConf Press
wiki page. http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Press Please feel free to
update your info.

We are still looking for volunteers that speak the following languages:
Spanish, Gemany, Finnish, and Norweigan. (But anyone is welcome)

Although listed on the press wiki page the following projects/tasks
are upcoming:
1) It seems there was never a formal press release sent to
debian-devel announcing the DC11 selection. We need to do this in
English, and obviously provide at the minimum a Bosnian translation).
In my experience of one DebConf, this release did not go out to actual
press. I don't know if this is by tradition, or just coincidence.
2) We are working on a pre-conference DC10 release in the coming days,
I will be needing your help with translation, and working through our
database to identify your local press contacts. (We have a database
that we need to review with press contacts from every country we have
had a DebConf in. (Any PostgresSQL whizzes please feel free to let me
know.)

Bosnia team: You guys need to start collecting press contact info for
your country/city to add to the database. This can be a mixture of
local and national press. Tech-focused or general.

Finally, if any of you guys are at DC10, I'd love to assemble a press
team BOF. Let me know, and we can add something here:
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/AdHocSessions

Thanks,
Brian

P.S. - Please note historically most press team coordination seems to
be occurring on debconf-team. If you know someone who might be
interested, but isn't on -team.. please ask them to join -team and
introduce themselves.