[Debconf-team] dealing with late penta event submissions

hey folks--

I swear i am not trying to open a can of worms here.

We had one big (messy, disastrous) round of talk reviews, accepted some
talks,  and encouraged folks to organize not-accepted talks on-the-fly
during the conference with whatever unconference system we set up.

However, as predicted by everyone with prior debconf experience, more
submissions are still coming in.

I have personally approved two of the late-submission talks and
officially scheduled them.  This might be overstepping what i should
have done, and i'm fine with those decisions being reversed if people
feel they should be.  Please let me know if you think i've made a
mistake (off-list if you like, i'll report the general sentiment on-list
and fix what needs fixing).

The two talks i approved and scheduled myself were:

 * Bits from the Release Team  (suggested/encouraged by zack and offered
by 3 of the team members who will be present)

 * Project Caua by maddog.  This was advocated by both andy oram
(heading up the community outreach track) and biella for DebDay.

However, there are about 15 other late submissions that have never been
reviewed and are neither accepted nor rejected.

So my questions are:

What should we do with those late submissions?  Should we explicitly
schedule any more of them?  Should we leave them up to the
during-conference first-come-first-serve unconference system (which does
not yet currently exist)?  Should we do something else?

It would be nice to at least mail the submitters of these events with an
idea of what they should expect.

	--dkg

PS this message is sent to debconf-team@ because i think it's important
to be public about it (particularly about the steps i've taken).
However, if you feel the need to have not-publicly-archived discussion
about these questions, i would encourage followups to talks@debconf.org,
not just to me personally.