Re: [Debconf-team] attendee bursary status

First, latest update of the budget is at: debconf-data/dc10/budget.ods

On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 07:52:24PM -0400, micah wrote:

> Can we go ahead and notify those people that they are receiving
> sponsorship for travel and food? If not, why not? I think we should go
> ahead, and unless someone says something in by (*spinning arbitrary
> deadline wheel*) Monday, I will propose to at the global team meeting we
> do this.
>
> For Queue B we need to make some decisions. If we funded 70% of Queue B
> we would be approximately -$14k. This seems like a large number to be in
> the hole, so we likely would need to request money from Debian. If we
> requested 20k, and funded 70% of Queue B, we would have +$5820, if we
> did 100% of Queue B we would be +$1515. Remember that we are expecting
> unexpected expenses.
>
> So this set of questions is: a. do we request an amount from debian on
> the order of 20k or more (if more, what is it)?  b. do we fund x% of
> Queue B? (where x would be somewhere between 70% or 100%)
>
> Ideal world I would say lets 100% Queue B, but I dont know how to make
> this decision. Its a hard one, and we've been putting it off. We need to
> make this decision now.

About confirming people the sponsored food, I think we should do that ASAP.
For the travel stuff, yes, please let's talk about this in the meeting,
(I actually added some points to the meeting agenda some days ago related
to this).

Some ideas before the meeting, I *think* we might do it without the extra 20k,
because:

- food costs are likely to be slighly less (maybe 2-3k USD)
- some people in the queue A has dropout (maybe 1-2k USD)
- some costs in the budget are a bit inflated

but also cutting or definitively giving up on some extra stuff:

- no sponsoring queue B at all
- no sponsoring daytrip
- no fomal dinner

However, I think we should fund at least 70% of the queue B, so what I propose
here is just ask from debian funds the 10100USD to exactly do this.

Ana