[Debconf-team] About the global team meeting, and accounting matters

Hi,

In order to calm down after the last couple of hours on #debconf-team, I have
temporarily left most DebConf-related IRC channels and will not be attending
the June 5th global team IRC meeting (remember it's at 19:00 UTC!). Hopefully
this should minimize any disruptive spillover of these tensions into that
meeting. I will work on figuring out a way to resolve them and hope to rejoin
the channels soon.

Currently I am still planning to attend the in-person local team meeting on
Sunday at Columbia, though in a worst-case scenario that could change. I have
several things I hope to get done this weekend, both related to DebConf and
otherwise; one of the DebConf-related things is a first attempt (not guaranteed
to be bug-free) at a script to do a one-way sync of Pentabarf's attendee data
into FrontAccounting.

Michael Schultheiss and I successfully made some attendee invoices earlier
tonight as tests, and I am hoping that I can prepare some substantive
approximation of the desired process with a combination of Pentabarf database
queries and a series of automated HTTPS requests to FrontAccounting. (This
seems less error-prone than doing such massive updates to FrontAccounting's db
by hand.)

I hope the global team meeting goes well, and I look forward to reading the
summary when it is emailed to this mailing list.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org