Re: [Debconf-team] Discussing our budgeting and sponsorship situation

Some questions for past sponsorship teams:

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 10:16:39PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 07:16:44PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
>
> > Things aren't as bad as we originally were thinking last night, but we
> > are not in the clear yet.  We are currently promising more money than
> > we have, which is a bad idea, especially when it is two months before
> > Debconf.  For our summary, see
> >   http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/Budget
>
> They are actually worse than we thought last night, not better:
>
>   http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/Budget

Right now we have a 70k deficit.

We will probably get 20k from Debian.

20k surplus would be "nice" - or you could consider this padding for
everything that hasn't been budgeted yet.

I'd like comments from past fundraising teams:

How much money have you been able to raise in the two months before
DebConf?  How many of these last-minute sponsors have already been
asked this year?

How much additional funding do you think can be found in the next two
months?  Remember, most past sponsors have been contacted already.
25k?  50k?  75k?  100k?

Who from past years will help out this year again?

This would help us decide how cautious to be.

- Richard