Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-discuss] Thanking our sponsors

On Fri, 28 May 2010 14:21:04 +0200, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 07:19:16AM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> > Pablo Duboue dijo [Sat, May 22, 2010 at 02:31:30PM -0400]:
> > > A long while somebody in #debconf-team asked if we can have plain
> > > t-shirts available for sale without sponsor logos.
> > >
> > > That is of course a valid question and I would like to share my
> > > feelings about it: it would be a very bad idea ;-)
> > > (...)
> >
> > Actually, there is precedent for this: At DC6 we printed ~100 shirts
> > for direct sale (if you have seen the photos, I mean the yellow
> > shirts, not the white-with-colored-sleeves). They didn't have the
> > sponsor logos - not because we decided so, but because they were
> > printed on a rush, on site.
>
> However, those shirts were a novel design and unrelated to the official
> conference shirts IIRC.  I was under the assumption that the recent
> request was about the "official" t-shirts, just without logos.

Actually this whole thing came from a local-team meeting where I just
threw out the idea for consideration. It wasn't a request, I just know
that I've heard from other Debconf attendees in the past that they liked
the shirt, but would not wear it because of the logos (and I have found
myself agreeing with that sentiment).

micah