[Debconf-team] talks team questions

hey folks--

I'm hoping to give a reportback from the talks team later this weekend,
as i offered in the meeting today.  I also want to reiterate a call for
help if anyone else wants to review talks.  If you can even review a
dozen talks, please reply here and we'll try to get you reviewer privs.

In addition to trying to touch base with my fellow talks team members,
i'm realizing i have a few questions myself about what is needed from
us.  I've never done this work before, so i'd be curious to know what
more experienced people think here:

0) of the three axes of review, one of them "Actuality" seems to require
that we know the capabilities of the proposer.  In many cases, i have no
idea if the proposer is actually capable of running the proposed talk.
What should i do with "Actuality" in this case?

1) in this process, what is the relationship between reviewing talks,
scheduling/placing talks, and accepting talks?  that is, I'd love to
tell people "your talk is accepted", but i don't want to do that when i
don't know if we can accomodate them.  Can i get some feedback from the
venue folks about how to coordinate this?

Thanks for any ideas or feedback y'all have.  I'd be happy to learn from
past experience but i don't have much to draw from myself.

	--dkg