Re: [Debconf-team] Tracks and Track Coordinators for Debconf 10

Dear Andy Oram, you wrote:

> I'm finding it surprisingly hard to find speakers for the Debian Community
> Outreach track.
> Meanwhile, I did create a page for the track.
>
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/Outreach

Nice page. I'm considering adding some remarks about the Open Source status in
Europe/the Netherlands which, imho, would broaden its scope somewhat. Since
you started this page I thought it best to coordinate that with you: any
objections against me working on that page as well?

Maybe it's understandable that its hard to find people for the DCO track. I've
looked around a bit myself and although I generally get favorable reactions to
the concept of organizing a DCO track, people find it much more difficult to
commit themselves to Debconf 10. Of course, my immediate environment is not
next-door to NYC, which makes it a lot harder for people to go there `just for
the DCO track'. Which I fully understand.

So, what if we just work on that Wiki page for the coming period and in the
meantime leisurely try to interest people in attending Debconf 10? Let's
assume we don't find external people to come to the conference just for the
DCO track. Then we could always put up some posters at the conference inviting
people to make themselves known to us if they're interested in actively
participating in the DCO track. I would be amazed if we couldn't entice at
least some interesting people at the conference to join. My guess is that
once people are there and in a `Debian mood' they may be more willing to
participate than otherwise.

Any thoughts?

--
    Frank B. Brokken
    Center for Information Technology, University of Groningen