Re: [Debconf-team] broken links and unauthenticated content in https://penta.debconf.org/

On 05/05/2010 06:11 AM, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 5. Mai 2010, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>> 1) the "DebConf resources" link on the front page points to
>> https://penta.debconf.org/resources.shtml, which is a 404 Not Found.
>> Maybe it's supposed to be https://www.debconf.org/resources.shtml ?
>
> fixed

wow, that was fast, thanks!

>> 2) https://penta.debconf.org/ contains a bunch of images served in the
>> clear from http://www.debconf.org/.  This is considered a data leak by
>> most browsers, and they will usually show a "broken lock" icon.
>>
>> Standard practices for https web sites would have all the embedded
>> content served via https instead of http.  The simplest way to "fix" the
>> broken lock would probably be to replace all those img src's with
>> https:// instead of http:// (since www.debconf.org is also offered via
>> https).
>
> The problem is in the stylesheet

hrm.  the stylesheet itself is loaded from http://www.debconf.org/,
which would cause a "broken lock", and there are at least two img
elements on that page (the navigation icons to the upper-right of the
content area) that are src'ed from http://www.debconf.org.

> and doesnt show up in konqueror, so I left
> this as it is, at least for now.

This might indicate a bug in konqueror, then.  It should not represent
web sites that pull data over cleartext connections as having been
fetched via an encrypted channel.  I'll look into it.

	--dkg