Re: [Debconf-team] Draft for Linux Journal, plenty of space for improvement

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 8:53 PM, Pablo Duboue <pablo.duboue@gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting, I thought we didn't want to "sell" DebConf and wanted
> instead to promote Debian Day... there were reservations about having
> a lot of people registering at the last minute without much interest
> in Debian itself.

I wasn't involved in that convo. but I will throw in my point of view,
since you clearly didn't ask for it. ;)

I feel that promoting DebConf itself is not a bad thing, if we make it
clear what the purpose of DebConf is, and what the expectations of
participants is. That said, including info on Debian Day (openday?)
and keeping focus on getting the word out for it is mandatory.

Cheers,
Brian