Re: [Debconf-team] waves!!

Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Anto Recio dijo [Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 08:42:45PM -0500]:
>> Hola amigos!!
>>
>> what do you  think if I propose to make Debian Work Sesions in Panama
>> there is a call of the Panamanian government to fund technology events
>> for 2010, the deadline is 26th october
>
> Hi!
>
> That sounds like great news - But _please_ wait a bit longer on
> this. We are working this idea (albeit slowly, but I expect to get
> back in gear soon) with the various Central American communities. What
> I have been talking with them is that we should get the different
> communities' proposals.

It looks like things are mixed up. Why would having one or more Debian
Work Sessions in Panama have to wait for community building or prevent
other events like a mini-DebConf or a real DebConf to happen in the region?

I think that having some sessions happen in Panama will probably help
with getting more Central Americans interested or having a renewed
interest of current contributors, no?

Cheers

Luk