Re: [Debconf-team] Keynotes and group photo

2009/6/28 Andreas Tille <tillea@gmail.com>:
> 2009/6/28 Aigars Mahinovs <aigarius@debian.org>:
>> I like this idea. Usually people have no problem taking 5-10 minutes
>> out of food time for the photo. And I will look for a place and
>> measure light the previous days, like I did in the past years, so that
>> the shooting time itself can be reduced to minimum.
>
> Ahem.  I wonder if anybody has a clue to make sure that every
> attendee takes *the* *same* 5-10 minutes.  Past experience shows
> that it takes 15 minutes to wait for late comers.  While I like Ana's
> idea to announce the time for group photo I tend to announce it this
> way:
>
>    For those who know that they always come late the time is
>    time for  group photo is 17:15.  For those who manage to be
>    sharp in time it is 17:30.
>
> (or something like this).  Yes, I'm joking, the alternative is: Who
> comes late is not on the photo.  Fullstop.

I was thinking along the lines of:

Announce the time X at the start of the day on which the photo is planned.
X-15 minutes - I go around all places people are and remind them that
photo is in 15 min, so that they do not get lost in the bathroom or
wherever. If it takes someone longer to get to the photo place or they
want to change clothes they can do so at this point.
X - I send 3 volunteers to the places people are to call all of them
to go to the photo taking place *now*, while I take my position and
prepare the gear
X+5 minutes - all the volunteers should be back by now and we take a
couple of minutes to shape people into a compact crowd
--- CUTOFF POINT ---
X+8 minutes - I start taking pictures, anyone not in the crows will
not be in the picture
X+10 minutes - we are done.

--
Best regards,