Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-discuss] SPEAKERS!!! check your talk(s)

2009/6/30 David Reyes Samblas Martinez <david@tuxbrain.com>:
> When I first fill up the penta info for the event I have pointed this
> was a full day event, and nobody has point me this was not possible at
> debconf,

It might be a good idea to write some e-mail to debconf-team to
point out such specific needs.  Chances that such comments remain
unattended in the mass of talks and descriptions are quite high.

Another reason that your event was regarded as "basically unrelated
to the topic of the conference" - which does not mean it is not interesting
in general.  So it is in a "we see what we can do about scheduling your
event state" and consuming a whole day for an event in this state
seems not fully justified.  But we try to see what we can do anyway.

> now we have the trip closed ad payed, so no posibility to
> move to Debcamp....

Well, my hint to ask again one week before DebConf (= at the start of
DebCamp) has the background that the schedule might be more fixed
and chances for late changes become smaller.  So if it turns out that
the slot from 18:00 to 19:00 in the BOF room remains empty (and we
just keep in mind to regard this) we can stretch your event as you
requested.  But at the current state we just have to wait.

You might notice that the "free space in the schedule" between
14:00 and 18:00 is because of the heat in this time of day so it
is just a break. If you want to attract people you should perhaps
issue an announcement on debconf-discuss - perhaps people might
join you in their break.  The schedule team will not stop you from
entering a room - as well as I'm quite positive that you will be able
to find any other room except the three scheduled rooms to assemble
all OpenMoko geeks.  So there is no real need to claim a full day
in the official talk rooms if your audience is keen on hearing you they
will find you.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--