Re: [Debconf-team] Attendee payment issues

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 08:06:54PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> I was working on sanitizing some data in Penta today.
>
> We have four fields related to attendee payments:
> - has_to_pay
> - amount_to_pay
> - has_paid
> - paid_amount
> And thought that, lacking another plan, that these should be used to
> record payment related things.  Is this what we should do?
>
> So, I wrote a script which can update the payment-required values
> based on participant_category (prof, corp) and
> debcamp-without-workplan.
>
> However, some of the attendees already have a value in amount_to_pay
> which is greater than what they should pay.  I was wondering why this
> is.  I asked Holger and it seems that it might be they amount they
> have paid (which should be in paid_amount), however paid_amount isn't
> on the web interface.
>
> So, before I go changing these things, can you let me know if you have
> been using these fields, so that I won't break anything?  Either by
> email or on irc is fine.  Also let me know if I am going about this
> all wrong.

I have been updating these fields when processing the payment mails from
Click'n'pledge or the FFIS dumps. The values I've used are (from memory)
€300, €600 and $420 - ie professional attendance, professional
attendance including DebCamp and professional attendance in dollars. I
don't think I've used anything different but if you give me any names
your curious about I can check.

I've also been updating the has_paid field for these people obviously.

penta/entrance only presents the amount_to_pay field that I can see,
rather than paid_amount, hence not updating that.

J.

--
"Scattered f***ing showers my ass." -- Noah