Re: [Debconf-team] report from the 3rd visit at the venue

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 02:30:57PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Anto and me have been visiting Muñoz Torrero today again.
>
>First we discussed the hours security will be on site (16h per day, 24h on
>weekends).
>
>The uplink will very probably be fibre and still has to be set up (fibre is
>already there, it's just not connected). There is currently one DSL line and
>crappy wireless.
>
>We evaluated two possible server rooms (one 1.5m x 5m, the other 10 x 8m), the
>bigger one is far away (100m) from the main talk rooms. Both dont have air
>condition, so we need to rent some. The small room only has one power socket.
>
>There are also three hacklabs next to the main talk room, which are roughly 15
>x 15m in size, have network plugs and air condition. One of those could be
>turned into a workshop room.
>
>Those rooms (^) are all in the first floor (there is an elevator...), the 2nd
>talk room is on the ground floor.
>
>The second talk room has a video projector, 2 pairs of loud speakers and a
>hihi amplifier.
>
>The main talk room doesnt have a projector (so we need to get one), has at
>least 2 pair of boxes and a proper, but old audio mixer and amplifiers,
>microphones are also set up. (I took a picture of the exact model of the
>mixer, but its in Antos cell phone atm.)
>
>As far as I could see, there is no network in the talk rooms.
>
>I suggest we buy 1-2 kilometer cat5 _in advance_.(!) (We also need to connect
>10-15 APs...)

OK. What network infrastructure in place in total? You mention the
hack lab areas have network and A/C, but will there be enough network
there, and how is it connected?

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html