Re: [Debconf-team] Open Day talks

Hi,

On Dienstag, 2. Juni 2009, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> Open Day _IS_ DebConf proper.

[emphasize.]

> So, it's not grounds for exclusion.
> However, if the talk requires the audience to know "insider" Debian
> stuff, then it shouldn't be during Open Day.

I dont think those three talks Luk quoted ("QEMU, NAS, Freerunner"), requiere
very much "inside" knowledge / involvement of/within Debian. OTOH I expect
anybody with some technical knowledge to be able to follow (and such talks to
be there too). "QEMU for DDs" can also be useful for a SuSE person or a
sysadmin at a company and the same goes for Debian on NAS/Freerunner.

IMO the idea of attracting "descission makers" _too_, is still a good one, but
it shouldn't prevent us from presenting Debian as a driving technological
force, which holds an open conference day, so interested people can come, see
and participate. For "Debian freaks" and "suits", so to say.

So IMO Open Day should have a mixture of talks, for all audiences. Like with
proper DebConf (and everything else) you cant please everybody all the time.
But you can cater for certain different audience_s_ :-)

regards,
	Holger