[Debconf-team] visited the new venue today Re: Minutes from yesterday's meeting

Hi,

On Dienstag, 19. Mai 2009, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> If we do the conference in the fancy venue, people will have to get the bus
> twice at day.

No, we can have food there. There is a cafeterria with 70 seats
(air-conditioned!) where we can have lunch and dinner. There is also more
space, but not air conditioned.

<h01ger> CCMI its 15-20min by bike from MT
<h01ger> but CCMI is a really really cool venue
<h01ger> power+ethernet in every seat in all of the three auditoriums
<h01ger> 320, 80 + 70 people
<h01ger> plus meeeting-rooms^whacklabs
<gwolf> according to their information PDF it looks really great... Except for
the distance.
<h01ger> i think it would work with a bus-shuttle, rental bikes and taxis. a
taxi to the city is prox 4e or such = 1e per person
<h01ger> gwolf, yup
<h01ger> exactly
<gwolf> Specially if the distance is to be made twice a day (to go for food)
<gwolf> ...And we cannot use it after.. was it 20:00?
<h01ger> i'll plan to go to MT again, to refresh my memory, and see if debconf
would be doable there, but atm i think we should do debcamp at MT and debconf
at CCMI
<h01ger> gwolf, no, we can use CCMI as long as we want. we talked about
midnight today, but they have security tehre anyway for 24/7 so we could also
ask for later. but i dont think thats needed/useful
<h01ger> and we can have food there (=CCMI)
<gwolf> h01ger: I'd say I ultimately trust you, as you have been long involved
in DebConf organization and truly, deeply understand our needs. Of course,
just leave me the right to rant ;-)
<gwolf> but being that way, a couple important points can be taken down off my
list
<gwolf> and we could play with the most adequate bus schedule in any case to
make the taxi payers as little as possible
<h01ger> CCMI is also fully accessible btw. and has a helicopter landing
space ;)

regards,
	Holger