Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf Open Day?

Hi,

On Montag, 9. Februar 2009, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> I have just seen in the wiki that DebianDay has been renamed to "DebConf
> Open Day". I do not know why, but it is not important here.

I think that an arbitary wiki edit changing core stuff can just be reverted,
or properly discussed and agreed upon afterwards too, but anyway... :)

> Given that this day is supposed to be for attracting local people to assist
> to talks in the local language(s), if we are going to rename it, I think it
> should be renamed to something  local people understand what is about. In
> this case: "Día de puertas abiertas de Debian". In Spain when you see this,
> you undertand it is both free and open to everybody.

Sounds good. Though for the future and for reference, I think we should define
it in english.

That said, I do think that "DebConf Open Day" conveys better what we try to
achieve, than "DebianDay". DebianDay could also be a bugsquashing party or
whatever.

regards,
	Holger