[Debconf-team] Minutes from today's meeting - DebConf9

We had a meeting regarding the preparation for DebConf9 / finishing
last bits from DebConf8 today.  This is a summary of what we
discussed.  antorecio, the only member of the localteam present,
arrived a bit late, so some of the info regarding the local status was
added from the talk after the meeting.

* DebConf8 leftovers

The reimbursements that were done to Europe, from FFIS, where finished
last year.  Also, reimbursements to the US from SPI. What's missing is
the reimbursements that should be done from SPI to non-US people.
Ganneff will talk about this with Michael Schultheiss in order to
finish this up ASAP.

Everything that was lent has been returned. There is still a lot of
stuff to be sold, which hasn't been done yet due to unknown accounting
state regarding them, the DebConf8 accountant needs to clarify on
that.

Regarding the Final Report, the DebConf8 team are working on it. Most
articles have been sent in. A few people need to be pinged about it.
There should be a RL meeting for that in the next few days.  Once the
Final Report is done and printed, the "Thank you" bags will be sent to
the DC8 sponsors.The only other missing item are the sponsors.  The
Sponsors team will be pinged regarding this.  A good thing would be to
also add a Sponsorship Certificate.

* Sponsorpack for DebConf9

It's not clear if the levels helped us get more money last year or
not.  It did in the case of HP, but it might not have been the case
for other sponsors.  However, it is clear that it helps give more
credit where it is due, and it also helps give a clear message of what
you are giving each sponsor.  For that reason, we plan to go ahead
with the use of sponsor levels.

Holger will be thinking about the actual numbers, and mailing the list
about this, during the next 10 days.

It was agreed that the deadline for a sponsor to be in the T-Shirt
will be May 31st.

If the Sponsorpack is ready before end of February it will also be
included it in the DC8 "thank you" bags

* Website content management

The people in charge of adding content should decide this. Problem:
there's noone in charge of adding content right now.  Tincho will go
on as webmaster, using the templatetoolkit used for DC8. Ganneff will
talk to Cesar and try to form a group of locals for the website.

* Timeline (registration / call for papers / etc)

We are late on this one.  It should have happened on Jan 15th. Ganneff
will work on Penta to make it ready for registration. So that CFP and
start of registration can be done by next week.
The deadline for that is April 15th.

* Local team: what do we do to fix the lack of contact?

The local team is working, but we don't have much news about this, we
need to work on fixing it.  We already told antorecio about it, and he
says that he will try to stay more in contact.  Also, Ganneff will
talk with Cesar about this. Anto will be at FOSDEM, so those that are
lucky enough to go there, can look for him and chat with him there.

* Local team: venue updates

There are 2 residencies with a total of 200 beds, and a hostel with
another 120 beds.  Which means 320 places for sponsored accommodation.
 Of those, 140 have air conditioning.  They are 50 meters (165 feet)
away from the conference venue.  The conference venue is already
signed for.  Map:

http://maps.google.es/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=es&geocode=&q=complejo+cultural+san+francisco,+caceres&sll=37.760849,-122.373837&sspn=0.296392,0.617981&ie=UTF8&ll=39.467011,-6.367264&spn=0.036178,0.077248&z=14

The local team members will send an email soon with more information about this.

* Next Meeting

Next meeting will be held on Monday February 23rd, at 20:00 UTC.

People present:
   1. Tincho
   2. gwolf
   3. marga