Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf10 decision process?

Ana Guerrero dijo [Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 08:42:55PM +0100]:
> (...)

I don't have a strong stand regarding your proposal of the three
meetings :)

> Also, what about the bid of Quito, Ecuador? If we set a deadline in the past
> to present bid and it is over, then I think it should be rejected.
> If not, how do you people feel about it?

Quito sounds interesting... Although, yes, I am inclined to set it
aside for a possible future DebConf. Yes, timing for the presentation
does matter, but it is far more important for me the fact we (neither
as in "the DebConf team" or "the quite-involved-in-Debian people
group" don't know anybody not only from Quito, but from all of
Ecuador.

The proposal looks interesting... But we do want at least the
localteam head to have been already immersed into another DebConf. Not
only so that this person (or group of people) knows what type of work
and problems to expect, but for the team to know who this person they
will be working with is.

José's enthusiasm is a very good indicative, and I trust him fully on
this. For the record, I know of two people who are in the process of
moving from Mexico to Ecuador, precisely because of the advantages he
quotes. I would welcome Quito to bid for DebConf 11 - Yes, even if it
is to be in the same continent. After all, our continent-hopping
tradition is not in the Debian Constitution, is it?

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23