Re: [Debconf-team] Linux User & Developer Issue 79 Advert Information

Dear Chelsea,

You'll be pleased to hear that we have an advert for you.

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 02:22:56PM +0100, Chelsea Watts wrote:
> Please see below for the sizes. The technical specs are attached for your
> reference (if supplying a PDF please ensure it is saved in Acrobat 4 version
> 1.3).

Having consulted with others wiser than myself, it seems that we
have programs that can generate version 1.3 PDFs, and that should be
the same thing.

The current attempt at an advert is here:

   http://media.debconf.org/dc9/adverts/linux-user-advert-2009-07.pdf

In case it helps, the .svg source for that is here:

  http://media.debconf.org/dc9/adverts/linux-user-advert-2009-07.svg

and just so that we have a common idea of what it was supposed to look
like, I've also rendered it as a 300dpi .png file:

  http://media.debconf.org/dc9/adverts/linux-user-advert-2009-07.png

Hopefully that's enough to allow you to produce something decent for
the page.

I note that for some reason my PDF viewer seems to have cropped the
pdf version so that the www.debian.org URL at the foot of the page has
gone missing.  Hopefully that can be fixed.

BTW while we're mostly happy with the advert as it is, if one of your
clever graphical folks develops an urgent need to fix some visual faux
pas that we've inadvertently committed, then they should probably just
go right ahead -- we are but lowly philistine geeks after all.

If there are any problems with that, please ring (although I'm liable
to be away from computers for much of the morning, so won't necessarily
be able to do much more than describe what we intended, and agree to you
changing it :-) )

Cheers, Phil.

P.S. is there any chance of you sending us some copies of the Mag that
includes the advert, so that we can include them in the goodie bag that
gets sent out to the sponsors?  Looks like we'd need 33 copies if so.