[Debconf-team] Summary of localteam meeting today

Hi,

Marga chaired a great localteam meeting "today".  Anto had lots of
good information for all of us.

Next Meeting: WEDNESDAY, July 8, 19UTC.  (note that it's in less than
two weeks)

Minutes:
http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2009/debconf-team.2009-06-29-19.00.html
Logs:
http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2009/debconf-team.2009-06-29-19.00.log.html

I will provide only a summary of topics here, for details see the
minutes above that have links into the logs at the right lines.

Summary
=======

Security: One quote was sent to the list, we could possibly get lower,
though.

Day Trip: There are the natural pools, but there were concerns that it
was too far.  There is a poll on the mailing list, as well as some
good IRC discussions.  Do please contribute ideas on this, and any
other possibilities you might know of.

Formal Dinner: Full table service would be too expensive.  The plan
was to have another place without full table service, but nice food
still.  However, now we are considering having a specially catered
dinner with music and other events at the venue.

Open Day: It's pretty much planned.  Schedule (yay scheduling team!)
is done, it meets the requirements of the sponsors, and there will be
one stand.

Payment issues: Most local payments will come directly from sponsors
(we hope), so the money won't go through us.  However, we'll still
need cash available and an ability to pay if we need to.  Anto will
look into this.

Hardware borrowed: We aren't too hopeful on getting it from the Junta,
if we need to we'll rent it.

Sending stuff to Cáceres: anything that needs to get sent to Cáceres
should have Anto's name and the residence (MT) address.  See logs and
mailing list.

Group photo times: We agreed that right before the formal dinner was
probably a good time, which matched the mailing list consensus.

Insurance: Anto will ask cek about it.

Visas: still being worked on, re-ping if you haven't heard back.
Since visas@ is getting harassed, we might stop forwarding from that
alias.

Next Meeting: WEDNESDAY, July 8, 19UTC.  (note that it's in less than
two weeks)

It was a great meeting.  It's clear we'll have a great, well-sponsored
DebConf.  woo!

- Richard