[Debconf-team] Budget Team Meeting Minutes, 2009-06-04

Greetings, everyone,

We had the budget team meeting as planned.  It was very productive.
I'll summarize here, the full minutes and logs are at:

Minutes: http://meetbot.zgib.net/debconf-team/2009/debconf-team.2009-06-03-20.00.html
Logs: http://meetbot.zgib.net/debconf-team/2009/debconf-team.2009-06-03-20.00.log.html
(or meetbot.debian.net eventually, too)

The primary document we made was the budget summary:
  http://rkd.zgib.net/hidden/dc9-budget.html
This is now pretty accurate.  Many numbers are still estimates, but at
least they are DC9 estimates, not DC7 estimates.  Below, I only
summarize the most important details.

We will have 85k in expenses.  We have 72k pledged, maybe 5k more
"possible", and an estimated 10k in attendee fees.

It looks like, even given only what we have now, that we will break
even.  Woo!  Additional sponsors (which we expect a bit of) now
produce extra money for us, for travel costs/DC10 seed/etc.

Debian will contribute 20000 USD for us.  Since we have just about
broken even, that means most of this will go towards travel expenses.

We are leaving the Day Trip and Conference Dinner un-budgeted for, due
to money reasons.  However, we still want to have these --- there is a
chance they will either be specially sponsored, or paid by future
sponsors we get, or paid by attendees.  We will see what is feasible
later.

Jimmy has volunteered to be the global money manager and track where
money is, and how to get it where we need it by the time we need it.

Someone should go over the sponsors discussion in the first third of
the meeting in detail and make sure all of these leads are followed up
properly.

There isn't another specific budget team meeting until one is called.

Thanks to everyone who attended (and especially holger for getting
APs! (inside joke)).

- Richard

Action items:
1. MrBeige moves the two sponsers mentioned above to "definite"
2. a lot more work in contacting sponsors can still be done,
   following up loose ends
3. MrBeige emails to find out about insurance needs
4. Sledge follows up and assigns someone to work on the article for
   Linux Magazine (but not necessarily do it himself)
5. MrBeige email localteam about costs of tables/security
6. Hydroxide volunteers to be the global money manager and get
   practical issues of payment worked out
7. MrBeige prods to find out about air conditioning costs

People Present (lines said):
 1. MrBeige (201)
 2. Sledge (144)
 3. moray (65)