[Debconf-team] Open Day talks

Hi!

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> wrote:
> Who else knows how Open Debian Day is being run / what else do we need
> to do for it at this point ?

The basic idea behind the Open DebConf Day was to select the talks
that would be interesting both to DDs and non-DDs, so that we could
invite Debian users, contributors or interested people to that day in
particular.

For this to happen someone (I think the committee is best suited for
this) should mark those talks that are of general interest in Penta.

I talked with Ana about the prospective public, and she told me that
there are a lot of Debian Users in Spain that don't speak enough
English to understand a talk in English, therefore, it would be a good
idea to have at least a group of talks in Spanish, parallell to the
talks in English.

Some sponsors already want to give their talks there, and I guess
they'd do it in Spanish.  Also, Ana wanted to give a "how to
contribute to Debian" talk, in Spanish.  We'd need to have a few more
talks in Spanish of about the same level (i.e. oriented to Debian/Free
Software users, enthusiasts, but also interesting to DDs or DMs).

So, summarizing: for the English track, someone (hopefully from
committee) needs to go over the officially selected talks and select a
bunch of them for OpenDay; for the Spanish track, we need the
prospective talk givers to load them into Penta, and we need more
talks.

--
Besos,
Marga