[Debconf-team] Open DebConf Day Talks

Hi everyone,

So I need to prod OpenDay[0] scheduling along.  The people in change
(Gunnar, Tassia and Andreas) already know and have started thinking
about it, we just need to get them the information they need.

Jimmy and I talked and decided that decided there's no reason that the
talks shouldn't be scheduled through Penta via the usual mechanisms.
So unless someone proposes a better way, we'll go with that for now.

gwolf and an3as already have access to the abstracts in Penta, since
they are on the selection team, so they can go through and work on
those.

The OpenDay people should be added to the scheduling mechanism (or be
in communication with those that do selection).

Then, we need to all work on getting them the talks to select and
schedule from.

- If a talk is registered in penta, they already have it and can
select.

- If it's not in penta but you have some details or an idea, send it
  to them[0].  The you should work on getting it submitted to penta.

[0] gwolf@debian.org , tille@dedian.org , (sorry, don't know tassia's)

There are some people who would like to know if their talks are
selected for OpenDay before the June 7 reconfirmation deadline.  So
hopefully we can make preliminary decisions, at least a yes/no on the
already-submitted talks, soon.

Thanks.  Any comments on this process?  I'm not attached to it, as
long as it starts happens soon enough...  Andreas/gwolf/tassia ?

- Richard

(I'm sorry if this message seems disorganized, it is late and I want
to get this out as fast as possible...)