[Debconf-team] DC9 Budget Status

Greetings all,

This email serves as a budget update from the budget team.  It also
serves as a call for any corrections-- of which there should be a lot.

EXPENSES
~~~~~~~~
This is documented at http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf9/Budget .
If there are any corrections, please let us know.

The summary is that we have about 60000 EUR of costs with just
lodging+food (since the venue will be paid by the Junta).

There are many assumptions here, and I have tried to slightly err on
the side of overestimating.  Any corrections to these numbers will be
welcome.  I realize part of this needs the venue/lodging/food details
to be worked out first -- just dump information on IRC or the list, we
will keep the budget updated.

Including other non-venue/lodging/food expenses we estimate from DC7
numbers, including travel sponsorship, our budget is 87000 EUR.
(These numbers are approximate as there may be math errors here,
since I have to update it manually still...)

SO: we probably need 60000-90000 EUR.

SPONSORSHIPS
~~~~~~~~~~~~
According to our sponsors-summary, we have about 45000 EUR already in
our accounts, or invoiced.  This includes DC8 left-overs held by DC7
Ltd, but not other DC8 left-overs we are still trying to round up.
Most of this money is in USD at SPI.

We have "possible/likely" sponsorships of 10000 EUR more.

We should also have about 10000 EUR more in DC8 money left-over, but
we are currently verifying where it is held.  If anyone has
information here, please let us know.

SO: We have 45000 -- 65000 EUR right now.

I look forward to corrections/updates to these numbers.  We can
discuss this more at the meeting in a few hours.  I will do the math
again more accurately once I have updated numbers.  What do you all
think - how does this compare with past debconfs at this point in time?

- Richard