[Debconf-team] Planning for the schedule

Hi,

I am expecting to do the schedule of talks for this year's Debconf. As
such, since this is my first time doing this for Debconf, I have a few
questions. In conferences I have helped to organise in the past, this
process needed a lot more input than just the list of talks. So this
mail is meant to start the ball rolling gathering them up.

First and foremost, I will need some idea of what talk rooms we will
have, what their capacities are, when they are available, and perhaps
most importantly, which rooms the video team will be able to cover (if
it's not all of them).

Also, since we do want to video as much as possible, I will need input
from the video team about how long they need between talks to faff, once
the list of talks has been finalised, which of the talks any members of
the team refuse to miss, etc.

Naturally, we tend to have keynotes, those need to be identified to me
clearly. Also, if we have any statistics on which times of day are
good/bad and how well people attended talks in previous Debconfs.

If anyone else has any domain-specific knowledge about scheduling for
Debconfs, or any other requirements they need to feed into the
scheduling process, please do let me know.

Regards,

Daniel.

--
Daniel Silverstone                                http://www.debian.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895