[Debconf-team] Greylist: people who had rooms reserved and didn't come

Some people had rooms reserved for them, but didn't turn up.  We had
said that these people wouldn't be sponsored for next DebConf (not
forever, just next DebConf, that's why it's a greylist), but now we
have to make a case-by-case analysis, because not all cases are the
same.

Some people wrote on time for us to cancel their rooms, some others
wrote way too late, some others didn't even bother writing.  Some
people had valid reasons for not coming (health problems), some others
are not so clear.  So, this is the list of all of them, with as much
data as I could gather to make a good decision about each of them.

Not for the Greylist (in my opinion):

* Sebastian Harl, had a room reserved for 1 week. Wrote to rooms@ on
Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:22:27 +0200, to say that he was not coming, due to
personal reasons.  Even though it was quite late, I was able to give
his bed for someone else.

* Julio Ortega, he de-confirmed himself in Penta, without sending an
email. I noticed this on July 29th, sent him a email and he said that
he had been instructed to de-confirm himself without sending any
emails.  I noticed this in time to use his bed for someone else, but I
was really pissed off that he didn't bother sending an email about it,
however, he claims that he acted as instructed.

* Enrique Monge, had a room reserved for a week.  He wrote on Tue, 05
Aug 2008 19:26:08 -0600 explaining that he couldn't come because his
flight went through Perú and he doesn't have a visa for Perú.  Even if
it was short notice, I was able to give his bed to someone else.

For the Greylist (in my opinion):

* Jonas Smedegaard, had a room reserved for 2 weeks.  Wrote to
-discuss on Sun, 3 Aug 2008 02:27:03 +0200, to say that he was not
coming, due to work reasons.  His bed was empty for a week, until I
was finally able to fill it with someone else.

* Arturo Montoya, had a room reserved for 1 week (and a place in the
bus that came from EZE to MDQ).  He never wrote to say he wasn't
coming.  He was supposed to be a Professional attendee, from .ve, who
would pay on arrival.  This bed was one of the empty beds we had up to
the end.

* Carlos Navarro, a volunteer from .ar.  He had a room reserved for 2
weeks.  He first said he might arrive late, and then finally said he
was not coming, due to work reasons.  It was a long time until I was
able to use his bed for someone else.

* Juan Manuel Mesa Mendez, had a room reserved for a week. He was
supposed to be a Professional attendee, from .ve, who would pay on
arrival. He never wrote to say he wasn't coming.  His bed was empty
till the end.

* Victor Perez Pereira, had a room reserved for a week. He never wrote
to say he wasn't coming.  His bed was empty till the end.

* Marco Sinhoreli, had a room reserved for a week.  He never wrote to
say he wasn't coming.  His bed was empty till the end.

Finally, on a different note, there's people who had already payed
their fees, but didn't come:

* Dann Frazier had payed USD 500 for a single room 1 week.  He
canceled in time for me to re-use this space.

* Troy Heber had also payed USD 500 for a single room 1 week, and he
also canceled in time for me to re-use this space.

* Bdale Garbee payed the cost of 1,5 weeks for Corporate attendee, but
in the end came only 1 week.  The difference is 500 USD, and we were
also able to cancel this in time.

Giving back the money might be quite complicated, but I think we
should consider them to have payed 500 USD for next DebConf.

--
Besos,
Marga