[Debconf-team] Some thoughts: volunteers

I think that in general, having non-DebConf related volunteers worked
very well.  There were a few misunderstandings and a few guys who
didn't work as much as expected, but the general feeling from them was
that they had a great time, and the general feeling from us is that
they helped us a LOT (I think that they are the reason why I'm here
today sending these emails, instead of "sleeping for a week" as was
suggested :).

So, I suggest that a similar schema is followed for next year: find
about 20 people who wouldn't qualify as "contributor" to Debian to get
sponsored food and lodging, but who are willing to work during DebCamp
and/or DebConf, doing Front Desk, Video Team, and Talk Moderation, the
get free food and lodging and the possibility of participating in a
conference to which they wouldn't go otherwise.

The group that we had for DebCamp was a bit small (3 people). I think
6 people would have been better.  The group that we had for DebConf
was fine (16 to 20 people).

--
Besos,
Marga