[Debconf-team] Minutes from the last meeting

Hi,

These are the minutes from the meeting on Monday, also working as a
status update of most stuff.

* Network

It's already installed and working, quite a bunch of the servers are
already installed.  All the other machines will be installed during
this weekend.

* Press/penta status

The press interface for penta is done and working.  Madduck will be
testing it in the next days.

* Proceedings status

Ganneff sent the last deadline ping on Monday.  Papers are due
tonight.  After that, someone from penta-admin will mail the contents
of that to papers@ and the whole thing should get assembled, and then
printed.

* Incoming funds status

Nokia's money should be getting to Argentina by next Wednesday.
We need to collect some money from Spanish people, and we are trying
to work it out with FFIS.

* Outgoing funds status (including payments to hotel, plan for travel
sponsorship payments)

Hotel: we've paied most of it already, only missing a small final
payment for the hotel.
ISP: the second payment will be delivered tomorrow.

Some of the refunds are going to be done from SPI, some from DC7 Ltd,
and the rest is going to be done with local money.

We are investigating the possibility of paying with Traveler's Checks.
 However, none of the localteam has ever used them, so we have no idea
how they work in Argentina.

* Debian 15 years party (aka Conference dinner)

We don't have this completely set on stone, but the most likely plan
is to have the party at the alternate venue (Hotel Astor) where we
would have a big dining room for the party.  Eat a traditional
argentinian dish (empanadas).  And have 2 shows: one of "folklore"
(traditional argentinian music), and one of tango.  The idea is that
both should allow people to enjoy the music and to dance along (à la
DC7).

* Day trip

We have quite a bunch of options for the DayTrip, and we are trying to
find out what the most interesting option would be.  A local volunteer
from MDQ is going to look into the options a bit more and we'll
probably have a decision by next week.

* Debian Day

We are currently analyzing several different possibilities for the
place.  The schedule is looking better.

* T-shirt / Bags

Both are already on their way.  We'll have very nice bags this year.

* Audio/Video

We'll be asking the two possible rentals for budgets this week.

Bot notes: http://meetbot.debian.net/meetbot/debconf-team.20080721_2002.html
Bot log: http://meetbot.debian.net/meetbot/debconf-team.log.20080721_2002.html

People Present:

   1. des