[Debconf-team] Speaker Moderation Arrangements

Hi,

(this is a mail I wanted to send for a long time but never came to it...)

from FOSDEM I took the following pice of paper with me, which was a reminder
for the room moderators what their duties are. I found it highly useful and
suggest we use something similar for DebConf. Thanks you @FOSDEM staff!

BTW, we need some exact dates for DebConf9, people want to plan their lives
for 2009 :)

(This is a exact typescript, typos are mine. The original source got lost...
they now got it back in bcc: :)

Speaker Moderation Arrangements
-------------------------------

Hi moderation superhero!

Each year, good speaker moderation proves to be essential in making sure the
schedule is respected and both speakers and visitors have a warm and fuzzy
feeling of contentment after the talk. You will help to make this happen. You
rock.

Your moderation tasks are indicated below. Please read through them carefully
and don't hesitate to contact someone from FOSDEM staff if something is not
clear.

 * make sure you are in the room at least <b>15 minutes</b> before the talk
starts.

 * make sure the next speaker tests his laptop / projector connection as soon
as possible

 * hold out the signs indicating "15 minutes left", "10 minutes left", "5
minutes left", "OutOfTime" <b>at the appropriate times</b>

 * check the contents of the speaker bag <b>before</b> handing it over to the
speaker

 * speaker bag contains:
   - standard conference bag
   - 1 bar of chocolate
   - 1 small bottle of water
   - 4 time signs (15in, 10min, 5min, OutOfTime

 * don't hesitate to contact the <b>infodesk</b> which questions or remarks

Thanks again for your help in making FOSDEM2008 a smooth event. The FOSDEM
staff loves you and sets your karma +100.

I saved it at http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/RoomModerators for next year.

regards,
	Holger, who really liked the chocolate. A very useful present! :)