Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-announce] DebConf8 to be held from August 2nd to August 17th 2008

also sprach Margarita Manterola <marga@debian.org> [2007.10.15.2251 +0100]:
> The DebConf team has decided on having the next DebConf during the
> first two weeks of August 2008, in the city of Mar del Plata,
> Argentina.

Thanks, Marga, for the announcement.

I want to release a press item on this, but I can't see myself
getting onto this for a week at least; I have taken down tents in
Limerick just yesterday and am on my way home (which is a two-day
endeavour, given transport options between Limerick and Dublin), and
I am heading out on Friday again with much to do in between.

If someone else could write up a short blurb, I'd appreciate it.

Also, any press contacts out there are highly welcome. I have been
collecting a few already, but they're mostly Scotland, Germany, and
Switzerland, so if you have any email addresses of journalists who
might be remotely interested in anything "Debian", please let me
know their details.

"convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies."
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche