Re: [Debconf-team] DC7 report - outstanding work

Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 11156 March 1977, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>
>>> I could proof read if you want.
>> That'd be great, thanks. Try checking out
>>   https://svn.debconf.org/svn/reports/dc7
>> and run make. You'll need a big pile of latex-type packages installed
>> for it to work, then you'll get a PDF. If you'd like to make changes
>> then we can give you write access, or patches are also welcome. :-)
>
> You can skip this and directly fetch
> http://skinner.debconf.org/~joerg/report/dc7-report.pdf which is
> auto-build on every svn commit in case you dont want tons of LaTeX stuff
> installed.

Comments on Revision: 285 September 22, 2007

pg5:
"provide some insight" should it be "provide some insights"? I'm not sure.

"organizing team." This is US English but the rest of the report uses
British English as far as I can tell.

pg10:
"Free software" but elsewhere in report its "free software".

pg14:
The first paragraph "The DebConf day trip" is slightly indented after
the first line.

The "Tom Marble" header is "orphaned" from the following text.

The Tom Marble quote "In a continuing example... ...X including OpenGL
support." is used on pg19 as well.

pg18:
Gap between "...hacking until dawn." and "I won't talk..."

The "Tom Marble" header is split from its text on pg19.

pg19:

The Tom Marble quote on this page is the part of the Tom Marble quote on
pg14 as mentioned above.

Andrew Pollock quote says "fries my brane" but should be "fries my brain".

David Graham header split from text.

Big gaps between end of David Graham quote and "Michael Schultheiss"
header and then between "Michael Schultheiss" header and text.

pg21:

"booked outright for the two week of" should be "booked outright for the
two weeks of".

"data projectors" when "projectors" would do.

The 3rd and 4th paragraphs about cafe and overspill seem to repeat
themselves.

pg24:
After the "Money" header is "Money" in normal text.

pg25:

"Teviot house, , and and Cowgate" should be "Teviot house, and Cowgate".

"overlooked in the the mind" should be "overlooked in the mind".

Hope that helps,
Mike.