Re: [Debconf-team] Minutes from the last meeting

On 9/20/07, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
> also sprach Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> [2007.09.19.1940 +0100]:

> This does not include any mention of the possibility of managing the
> money outside of Argentina, which at least UBS would be willing to
> do (I checked).

I did not include this, because I'm not sure how this would work.
Money transfers from the outside to Argentina require a signed
contract (or similar paper) between the two parties.  It makes sense
for us to sign a contract with SPI or Debian UK, but it does not make
sense for the Hotel (which is the main receiver of the money) to sign
a contract with whoever is entitled to the foreign account.

Thus, even if UBS is willing to do it, the international money
transfer would be a lot of paper work, a lot of time wasted and it
might even not get approved (if the contract doesn't make sense, you
can't get the money).

I'd rather do the paperwork first, with a contract that makes sense.
Letting the money in is not so much of a problem, just paperwork.
Jörg was worried about getting the money out.  This can be prevented
by not transferring extra money.

--
Besos,
Marga