[Debconf-team] DebConf7 A4 sized ad

Hi

as we get the A4 page in the Linux Magazines around the world for us, to
say "Tank you" to the sponsors, we need to get this designed.

Whatever the design will be (it goes together with the logo stuff just
mailed from Moray), what we need to do is:

- We need to have the page "printer-ready". Ie A4 size, 4 colors, all
  ready for them to "just print".

- We can translate the page to the languages of the magazines where we
  get printed, but if we dont manage to do that they take the english
  version. The languages are german, Brazilian, Spanish and Polish.

- The ad will be in the magazines right after DebConf. That means we
  start in the UK magazine, which is issue #81. it will get out on 8th
  July, so our deadline to have this finished is 8th June.

  To allow for errors and corrections in communication with the
  magazines I would suggest setting our deadline a bit earlier, like 4th
  June.

So. We need volunteers. One to coordinate all this and make sure the
work gets done. (or two). We need someone who has the experience in
delivering the stuff to printers so it works for them. And someone who
can make designs. Nothing of that is a job for me, I am only middle-man
for the sponsor contact. :)

The coordinator also needs to make sure that every sponsor contact will
get high-res, print version logos (eps or so files, not jpg/png) from
their sponsors. Those should be placed in svn, debconf-data subdir
sponsorlogos.

You may want to look in debconf-data svn, dc6/art for files of last
year.

So, everyone out there - jump up now and help this getting done please.

--
bye Joerg
[...]