[Debconf-team] Minutes from today's meeting

Hi!

Today's meeting was extremely short, since there was very little to discuss.

Temporal Imports
-------------------------
Des has been researching the possibilities of temporary importing
stuff without loosing money. To further his research he needs to know
how much and which kind of equipment we'd like to bring.  But we can't
know that for certain until we know what we are going to get from
local sponsors.

Bank account
--------------------
Via Libre (http://www.vialibre.org.ar), the foundation that will be
working with the DebConf8 organizers has opened a bank account for
DebConf8.  Thus we are ready to receive whatever money was left from
DC7, and the money that sponsors might like to send us.

We would like to get the DC7-leftover money soon, so that we can do an
initial payment at the conference hotel, thus booking the dates for
sure.  I'll send mails to Neil and Steve about this money so that we
can make this happen soon.

Timeline
-------------
We need to decide on a Timeline for talks, registration, etc.  But we
can't allow people to start registering before we have payed for the
hotel, because we can't be 100% certain of the dates until we do that
payment.  If everything goes well, we should be able to decide upon
the timeline during next meeting.  For now, "Registration will
probably open in early 2008" is the best guess.

Next meeting: 17 December, 19:00 UTC  (Hopefully with more stuff going on)

--
Besos,
Marga