Re: [Debconf-team] Report again

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 01:53:05PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Things have gone quiet again, and we're still waiting on some
> sections. Can we please get this done soon?
>
> --
> Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve@einval.com
> Who needs computer imagery when you've got Brian Blessed?

I meant to send this about 2 weeks ago, but its still relevent...

Hello all,

Sorry for the delay in me actually doing some editing, but here is
both a progress report and a pile of questions I'ld like some feedback
on. I'm currently in the states, so I'm going ot be on IRC at
different hours. This mail is based on version 299 pus a pile of
changes I haven't commited yet.  As usual, these range from the trival
to the definety not important.

Stuff that needs writing
========================

 * talks - we need more here, and I can't do that, since they are
showing shrek 3 rather than the editted highlights of debconf as the
inflight film.

 * money - I've written about 500 words for this, but if the actual
money people want to look at it and do their won I would be happy. It
needs some actual figures - when I get the internet I'll have a look
at this.

 * layout - this can wait until the end.

Points
=====

Social commitite bit - I don't like the term "deal with people". I
sounds like something the local mob do. Suggestions for a term that
has less threating connations?

ABI as term - expand or not?

The univention logo looks a bit washed out - When I have internet I'll
check to see if it normally looks like ths. if not, can it be a bit
redder?

Martin Kraft's chunk mentions that he was on the orga team - can this
be in the credits and/or edited out? I see he is in the frontdesk
section....

Martin Ferrari's bit is in the present or future tense - am
considering changing it to the past tense. I haven't worked out a good
way to do this, so will ask him about it.

Does Tom Marble work for Sun and can we mention that?

Unknown isn't a country - I was planning to take it out of the graph
and mention that n attendees didn't register a country. I was also
thinking about grouping together the smaller countries. I'll come up
with a patch for what I mean, though it too is waiting for internet.

I just don't like that contaent pie chart.

It would be nice if the sponsorship section ended with a summary - I'll written one, any feedback?

The behind section need more photos and quotes to break it up a bit -
I'll find some quotes, though photos with have to wait for a internet
connection.

IRC nicks in the credits - I quite liked the 'First name, `irc nick`
last name" format we used last time. Example: "Neil `Maulkin`
McGovern". Anyone agree, or do you prefer the current one? As an
aside, in the case of people with nicks that are their name, for
example Jon or Moray, we might as well not list the nicks as well.

Quick question - was careful thought given to each section of the
credits, or was it a guess?

License stuff - I'm mildly surprised that so many people have their
blogs under the GPL. Are we ok here?

Thanks,

Pete

PS: I'ld like to blame Canada for all the comedy typos in this mail -
I'm over it and the plane is bouncing around.