Re: [Debconf-team] dc9 bids

On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 06:14:20PM +0100, Moray Allan wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 11:34 -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> > Ok, so that's 4*20=80 minutes. And I expect to have more than 10
> > minutes of talks. 120 minutes sounds more adequate
> Hrm, I'd suggest reducing the time per bid below 20 minutes then --

Yup. Shorter and snappier presentations (with more detail available after
the fact and before a decision gets made) sound better to me: enough
to give a nice idea of what's special and awesome about each venue,
but not enough for anyone to get bored with it. Aiming for a fun 5-10m
presentation with just enough info to leave people wanting more, and
being prepared enough to answer any questions that come up afterwards
sounds like the way to go to me. I would've though 60m would've been as
much as non-orga folks would be interested in.

Cheers,
aj