Re: [Debconf-team] Question for both venues: Political outlook

Hi!

On 1/13/07, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
So, for both teams: How do you see the political outlook for your
countries for the next 18 months? How would the best- and worst-case
scenarios impact the project of hosting Debconf?

Well, this is a very difficult question to answer, since I definitely
can't see into the future.  However, things in our country seem to
have stabilized, and we don't expect a new crisis.

We have a presidential election this year, so next year's president
will be different, but nothing seems to indicate this would mean
trouble

(Of course, this also calls for the importance of having a backup
strategy - If we chose Venezuela, Argentina would be plan B, and
vice-versa).

Yes, that's clear.  Although it'd be better not to need to use the backup :)

--
Besos,
Marga