Re: [Debconf-team] Wording on Penta for travel costs

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 03:27:22PM +0000, Neil McGovern wrote:
> Last year, instead of "Amount requested", we had "Amount I can pay".
>
> Now, we need to decide which of these to use, as the business plan has a
> section about costs, and a method of keeping them down is asking how
> much people can pay, and subtracting that from travel costs, rather than
> just asking how much people want.

I agree "Amount I can pay" is better, since it will end up spending less
of our available money while still allowing people to afford the trip to
Edinburgh.

P.S. - I haven't intentionally fallen off the face of the earth with
regard to DebConf, it's just that for most of this semester the Monday
19:00 UTC meeting time has been bad for me and I haven't had much time
to loiter and discuss on IRC. Happily that academic conflict is no
longer applicable, but I needed more advance notice for our last meeting
if I were going to attend that. Do we have a regular meeting schedule or
are they scheduled on an ad-hoc basis? I will add the next meeting as
per /topic to my calendar. Is there a separate sponsorship team meeting
I should know about?

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org