Re: [Debconf-team] Press team

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 08:21:44PM +0000, Moray Allan wrote:
> I'm also interested in helping in the press area, though I probably
> shouldn't promise much time for actively trying to make contacts.

And with all the other responsibilities you have (being lead point *in*
Edinburg), we should probably expect that you'll have other things on your
mind. =)

> Having just spoken to her, it looks like Patty is prepared to help in
> the press area too, so we should have a big team for this now. :)

So I did!

> And I agree sharing drafts with the rest of the team before release is
> sensible, especially to get feedback on accuracy from the people
> directly working on the things being announced. ;)

Naturally.

One thing I'd like to have established is *who* is point for the press to
contact? I understand press@debconf.org is the contact email, but there
should be a clear leader for this team in general - and a clear point
contact for the press to approach (unless language barriers restrict that).

Any ideas? Volunteers?

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski