Re: [Debconf-team] Re: On visas also

On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 17:19 +0300, Al Nikolov wrote:
> As Russia citizen definitely needing UK visa, i should include in my
> application the following:
>
> 1) From "Guidance - Visitors (INF 2) (11/10/06)":
>
> > As a guide, you should include:
> > evidence that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit (for
> example, a letter from your employer).

Note that this is really the most important part: obviously we'll try to
give as much help as possible, but in any case where there's a doubt
over the visa, it's essentially easy to persuade the officials that the
person is coming to DebConf, and harder to persuade them that the person
will go back home again after DebConf.

> Could you please provide with a contact to arrange the materials needed for
> such application?

We're still working out who it's best to have sign off visa sponsor
letters (whether to use the new DebConf7 company, or have someone do it
themselves).  We'll post some more information as soon as possible.

--
Moray Allan
http://www.morayallan.com/